Re: Fwd: driver for PROLINK 1456PVA V.92 PCI (11c1:0620) works in Debian Etch

Folks,
As far as I know minicom does not support TCP/IP connections to Internet Service Providers (ISP). Almost 100% of the users of a modem today need such a connection and such a connection only. Furthermore, with my modest experience, minicom is a pain in the neck to configure, specially when it is not what the user needs. May I suggest that the driver be tried with wvdial and the way to do it be reported? This will also make easier for the few volunteers to help the novice users where problems are bound to pop up.

Jacques

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
Umar,

Dale and Bambang are both trying to get 11c1:0620 modems functional.
Will you please work with them, since you have been successful? Copy
to Alan & me also. I'll be traveling for 2 weeks starting Wednesday,
and cannot functionally test my advice anyway, without hardware. Copy
to discuss to, so all will be retained in the searchable Archive.

Perhaps the best route forward is
1) to give them the URL for the Debian  linux-image packa;ge you are using;
 2) send them the matching agrmodem.ko and agrserial.ko, that you have
compiled thereunder as tarball
3) provide the install and test route.

They are both using Ubuntu, but Debian kernels I have tested work fine
thereunder. It there is a success, we can work back to usage under
Ubuntu kernels

MarvS