RE: EricZulaski Mexico Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) Kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7

Practically just do the following

Download from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/ (I
downloaded using Windows then restart Linux)
 the package SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz having a compiled slmodemd.
Unpack under Linux with:
 	$ tar zxf SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz

 and read instructions therein. But briefly, the modem is setup with
command:
Copy slmodemd file to directory /usr/sbin
As an example if SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz is put on /tmp
$ sudo cp /tmp/SLMODEMD.gcc4.1/slmodemd /usr/sbin/

Then activate the slmodemd using the following command
$sudo slmodemd -c YOUR_COUNTRY --alsa modem:1
 reporting dynamic creation of ports:
	/dev/ttySL0 --> /dev/pts/N   , with N some number
 Read Smartlink.txt and Modem/YourSystem.txt for follow through
guidance.