Re: Conexant free drivers

Alan,
There is no alternate to the Linuxant drivers.
The drivers provided by Dell are an OEM version made by Linuxant of the Linuxant drivers (HSF only, like yours), for owners of some Dell boxes. Why? because making a driver needs some proprietary information not disclosed by Conexant (the manufacturer of the hardware) known as CODEC.

Since your query strongly suggest a commercial product, it may be worth trying to agree with Linuxant on a mass license.

Jacques

Alan Hendrickson wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know if it exists a free driver for this Conexant
modem, since I know that some free (as in freedom) drivers exists for
some Conexant modems:us

14f1:2f30  14f1:2051  Communication controller: Conexant: Unknown
device 2f30 (rev 01)

I know about the linuxant drivers, but they are limited to 14.4k and I
can't use them, neither the drivers provided by Dell because I need to
redistribute them.

Thanks,

-Alan