Re: DaveLiebman, USA Debian GNU/Linux lenny/sid kernel 2.6.22-2-686

David,

Re: snd_hda_codec: disagrees about version of symbol snd_ctl_add
snd_hda_codec: Unknown symbol snd_ctl_add
etc.

The hsfmodem drivers are dependent on ALSA code,
currently using ALSA 1.0.14.
So when you upgraded to ALSA 1.0.5, you introduced the
"Unknown symbols" which the kernel cannot interpret.

Just drop back to ALSA 1.0.14 and all should be OK.

MarvS