Re: nathan, usa, kernel 2.6.15-26-386 (unbuntu 6.06)

Nathan,
Marv, rightly of course as always, wrote to you that a Conexant modem is MOST LIKELY (i.e. not certain).
It may also be something else.

As a first step towards trying to understand, please tell me which driver file (complete name) you downloaded from http://www.linuxant.com
and, step by step, what you did with the file.

Also, please do :
sudo hsfconfig --info | tee info.txt
and send us the file info.txt which this command will have created.

On one hand it looks like the modem is not a Conexant. On the other hand the Linuxant driver would complain, I believe, with my experience with PCI cards, not HDA, that the installer does not find any Conexant modem.

Jacques

PS: please do not send huge files unless asked to.

nathan lanham wrote:
ok i now have ubuntu 7.10 and got your hsf drivers installed correctly
i think. My problem is that it still wont connect. I still have not
sound so im not even really sure it is dailing. I think on problem
that could be is that right now im not actually in the USA, im in
Ukraine so if this could effect the modem/driver please advise of how
i can fix it. here is what the hsfdiag.xt says:...............thanks
so much for you time and help!! :)