Re: Lucent ComOne, Brazil, CentOS release 4.92 (Beta) (Sony VAIO PCG-F409)

Hello guys,

After a year away because of lack of time, I'm back, this time with a
fresh install (openSUSE 10.3). I opened a thread here a year ago:
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/archive-seventh/msg00653.html
And I didn't have time to complete the tests. I tried today and I got
several error messages. I did some research, and I found on a web site
(http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/heby/ltmodem/) that openSUSE
includes a package called "ltmodem", so I searched it in my package
manager but it wasn't listed. Should I open a new thread or can we
keep discussing on this same thread? So, from what I read in this
thread, there is another problem, the system doesn't detect my modem,
correct? It seems I have to apply a patch so that at least the system
can detect the modem through the PCMCIA bus. Could you confirm? How
could I start fixing it?
Thanks again for your help,

--
Charles A. Landemaine.