Re: Help with modem

Thanks a lot for your interest!!!! I downloaded the indicated file and my
modem was recognized. Now I am writing this message from my house and
using my laptop with Ubuntu Linux and wvdial for the connection. Just a
question: there is a package in Ubuntu repositories called sl-modem-daemon
which seems to include that program. Is it the same, I downloaded???

I also write a description of the followed steps:

- I downloaded and descompress the file
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz
- cd SLMODEMD.gcc.4.1
- chmod +x slmodemd
- sudo ./slmodemd -c ECUADOR --alsa hw:0,6

In another terminal, I ran:
- sudo wvdialconf wvtest
which generates an appropiate config file for wvdial. I edited that file
to include the options required for my dial-up ISP (username, password and
phone number)
- wvdial --config wvtest
which starts the connection.

Finally I can connect without going to a cyber and using Linux. Thanks
again for your help!!! :D

Atte,
Luis Galárraga

PD: I am attaching the requested file.