Re: request for soft support! CORRECTION

X3 does something else, as Marv has written to you.
With kppp , you must uncheck the box "Wait for dial tone"
at the top of the MODEM menu under the SETUP menu.

Sorry for my mistake - Jacques

Jacques Goldberg wrote:
Astabada,

It may be as simple as having forgotten to add a line
Carrier Check = no   in /etc/wvdial.conf

I never use anything else than wvdial so I cannot guarantee that this line does the same as adding X3 in the modem initialization string in the kppp configuration menu.

Jacques

astabada wrote:
Thank you for your fast answer... I tried all the remaining of
saturday night (until 4 am) to make the modem work - and it did.
Unfortunately it says "no dial tone", with both kppp and wvdial!

Since I'm in Bologna now, I can't use my sister pc to tell if there
is something wrong with the configuration of the isp or with the
drivers and I've to wait Christmas to see my home again... Meanwhile
my family will continue using windows to connect to the net, and this
shame is my fault...

Next time I'll make it work - I promise. Grazie!

---------- Initial Header -----------

From      : "Jacques Goldberg" Jacques.Goldberg@xxxxxxx To          :
"astabada" Astabada@xxxxxxxxx Cc          : Date      : Sat, 06 Oct
2007 21:20:36 +0200 Subject : Re: request for soft support!

Here is the answer found in ModemData.txt: BEGIN 1057:3052 has a
Motorola chipset, poorly supported by Motorola itself However Zello
discovered that drivers written to support Smartlink modems do
support the 1057:3052 chipset!! It sufficed to add 1057:3052 to the
list of modem cards recognized by the Smartlink slamr driver. There
is a ungrab-winmodem driver used in conjunction with slamr, which
must have 1057:3052 similarly added. See messages from Zello: http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-seventh/msg00846.html http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-seventh/msg00848.html and Alvaro Aguirre about the ungrab-winmodem fix: http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-seventh/msg00990.html For general guidance on ungrab-winmodem + slamr usage, read the Smartlink.txt

The modem is supported by the Smartlink slamr driver plus the
slmodemd helper utility.  Read the Smartlink.txt and
Modem/YourSystem.txt for follow through guidance. END

Buono viaggio

astabada wrote:
Hi, I used scanModem on my pc and the result is attached...

If you cannot answer before tomorrow morning, I won't be able to
test your commands, because I'm leaving at 12:00 (Italian time). Anyway I'll be home once again in Christmas time, so I'll test
then your suggestions.

Thanks, Francesco from Italy

GRATIS le tue mail con il telefonino i-modeTM di Wind http://i-mode.wind.it/

le tue mail con il telefonino i-mode™ di Wind http://i-mode.wind.it/