Re: SuSE users, was Re: help - chile

Maintainer Robert,
    Would you comment on pctel port issues.

Arturo,

Glad you solved the compile problem.

RE: the /dev/modem  issue,  the is within the Pctel.txt  output by scanModem:
**********
  During PCtel code installations, the node made is character device
/dev/ttyS_PCTEL0  c 62 69
 Check with:
     ls -l /dev/ttyS_PCTEL0

 There is a pre-compiled binary component in the Pctel code which was
assembled with a gcc 2.95 compiler
 A consequence is the loading fails under kernels compiled with gcc 3.n ,
 unless forcing (-f) is used:
        # insmod -f pctel
        # insmod ptserial
This can be automated by adding the following lines to /etc/modules.conf,
OR for 2.6.n kernels instead use /etc/modprobe.conf :

####### for pctel modem ######
alias char-major-62 pctel
alias /dev/modem ptserial
install pctel /sbin/insmod "-f" "pctel"
post-install pctel /sbin/insmod ptserial

# country code for pctel modem, for USA
options ptserial country_code=1
######## pctel end ####

then run: