Re: wvdial problem... ppp daemon has died!

This family of TERMINAL servers needs a special configuration.
I believe that ppp is not the right front end.
I would start by using minicom or kermit or whatever is handy to initiate a telnet session, not a tcp session. If this works then it is time to carefully read the instructions of the authority which has given access to the server,

Jacques

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
Rima

Phone = 195
if correct seems like a very short number for IP access,
unless it is to a PPP server in you Company or Campus

** Ascend TNT Terminal Server **
ascend%
--> Hmm... a prompt.  Sending "ppp".
ppp
   PPP: Not enabled
seems to be reporting that it is not equipped to provide PPP service

Usually a password prompt would be expected to initiate a login & Password
BEFORE initiation of any PPP

Better get info on the real number of the PPP server

MarvS