Re: ModemData.txt

Nitin,

There is a compoment of the slmodemd package which was compiled in 32
bit mode at Smartlink, thus encrypted to protect critical proprietary
information.
This was done long before 64 bit PCs were produced
This component fails to function, under  x86_64 kernels operating in
64 bit mode.

The Smartlink modem sector has now been sold to Conexant, and this is
zero expectation that Conexant will provide a 64 bit compilation.
Thus slmodemd will not function in 64 bit operation.

MarvS