Upgrading slamr +

Mike

Drivers are matched too kernels EXACTLY.
So with each kernel update, a new matching ungrab-winmodem and slamr
will be necessary.

Never delete old kernel resources, until you can get online under the new.
Usually I prepare the new driver pair for everyone.
Before doing the new install do:
$ sudo cp /etc/wvdial.conf  /etc/wvdial.conf.old
because the setup will overwrite the old wvdial.conf (presently will
do a fix for this).

So after the slamr package
$ sudo ./setup
$ sudo cp /etc/wvdial.conf.old  /etc/wvdial.conf
and you will be ready to dialout

Learn to compile your own drivers.
It is only arcane the first time

MarvS