Re: Any full and free driver for conexant modems

I already own a Linuxant license for my laptop. I bought one way back in September 2005 when I was still using Xandros 3.0. Now I'm using Ubuntu.

I was just pointing out that the beta drivers were still out there. But I wouldn't recommend relying on a beta driver since they're beta drivers and can be quite buggy. (I never had success installing the HSF beta drivers when using a Linux distro with a Linux 2.4 kernel, but I can get a current HSF driver working just fine on there.)

I will probably buy another Linuxant license for my desktop when I get a new HSF modem for it. (I currently have a Riptide HCF modem, and it doesn't work with the last two versions of Ubuntu, even though sound plays "out of the box" because it still needs the full Riptide driver. My opinion is Riptide HCF modems are among the worst modems ever made.)