Automating martian_modem

Excerpted from AgereDSP.txt output of scanModem

 The martian_modem provides higher level COMM functions and  MUST be
running throughout  a dialout session. The modem port is in the
dynamically created
     /dev/pts/N
 family, with symbolic link creatd by  the martian_modem
 	/dev/ttySM0 -->/dev/pts/N
 Usage of these ports requires that a line:
 	Carrier Check =  no
 be added to the configuration file /etc/wvdial.conf
 See the file wvdial.txt for details on this usage.

 For martian concept details see:  http://martian.barrelsoutofbond.org

   a line:
     martian_drv

 To automate martian_modem action upon martian_dev loading,
 the following SINGLE line can be added to one of the files /etc/modprobe*
 or to a new file /etc/modprobe.d/martian
 install martian_dev  modprobe --ignore-install martian_dev ;
/usr/sbin/martian_modem

 If both automation steps are implemented:
   wvdial
should get you on line, if /dev/ttySM0   is specified as the port in
/etc/wvdial.conf

MarvS