Re: Johnathon , USA Linux version 2.6.17-13mdv Agere.DSP

KD

 The modem has a supported Lucent/Agere  Mars or Apollo DSP (digital signal
 processing) chipset.   See AgereDSP.txt for Details

Support packages for 2.6.n kernels are at:
 http://phep2.technion.ac.il/linmodems/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/martian/
The  martian-full-20061203.tar.gz
.
 Compiling is necessary packages must be installed, providing:
       gcc-4.1  kernel-source-2.6.17-13mdv

If a driver compilation files with message including some lack of some
FileName.h (stdio.h for example)
Some additional kernel-header files need installation to /usr/include.
Packages like libc6-dev, libstdc++6-4.1-dev,  linux-libc-dev
though the names may be different under Mandiva.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer