Re: some success - but mostly failure - with Smartlink drivers

Update: I found a way to get the SL1800 to work on my system.  The required
magic is:

setpci -d 10b9:5459 latency_timer=10

which anyone with my hardware would need to add to an init script, I suppose.
Note that my 1057:3052 card does not require any modification at all to work
with the same driver.

I have an Asus K8V-X SE motherboard with an Athlon 64 2800+ (with Kubuntu
Feisty, but I've verified this problem on kernels as far back as 2.6.8, and
Windows 98 as well!).

Hopefully this will help someone.

Regards,
Jeff Trull