Re: scanModem, Ubuntu 7.04 kernel 2.6.20-15-generic

Mohammad,

The modem has an INTEL537EP chipset
 Through http://developer.intel.com/design/modems/support/drivers.htm
 access the most recent Intel-537EP-MostRecentVersion.tgz
 But if there are problems under a 2.4.n kernel, instead use the
   intel-537ep-2.60.80.0.tgz  with download from
 http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/Intel/537/

You will need to get kernel souces as suggested here
Ubuntu                 linux-headers-2.6.20-15-generic
http://http://packages.ubuntu.com/ or install CD

extract the tgz file and read the Install/readme files.  Report back
if you have any questions/concerns.

Regards,

Antonio