Re: modem data file

Charles,

If your modem is a USB modem, could you please send/email the output of
# lsusb
to discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Antonio

On 7/15/07, Charles Sterling <ecs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have attached a ModemData file that was generated on my computer.

I'd appreciate any assistance in getting this configuration
operational.

My Internet connection is my Verizon 7130e Blackberry (tethered via
USB).
I have no option for the Internet connection as it is a requirement
that I travel with this into the field and attach it to desktop/laptop
systems.

My computer is a IBM clone; 1.2 GHz Intel, 1GB SDRam.
The OS linspire 6.0 (had same problems on other distro's).

The kppp does not recognize the USB modem, yet does recognize several
other USB devices.

You can see the device (response in /dev) when the unit is or is not
attached.

This is a vital need and again - any assistance would be appreciated.

I am aware of several others who have not been able to get their USB
tethered modems attached.

cheers,
charles sterling
832-607-9019