Re: Debian, macbook and Apple USB Modem

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
> Davide,
>
> The lsusb info does confirm a Motorola chip.
> I presume that the message:
>
> usbcore: registered new driver ST7554 USB Modem
> must have originated from the slusb driver and NOT the hardware.
>
> Taking a fast look at the slusb source code, the changes needed for it
> to properly act on the Motorola chip on non-trivial.  But presently
> I'll make a try.

Hi Marvin. Some news for the support of the chipset via usb?

During theese days, I've tried to make it work even with ndiswrapper and
the inf file provided by the driver disk obtained by bootcamp, but it
didn't work. ndiswrapper -l after install told me "invalid driver".

Actually I can't figure how to make it works so I'm thinking buying a
new usb modem. I'm searching for a list of usb 56k modem supported by
linux (maybe directly from kernel), but I'm failing in it.

Does someone can tell me where to look?

Thanks a lot
Davide