Re: Cant connect using USB/adsl modem ,UK Ubuntu 7.04 kernel

Hi there Marvin

Just a little more information.

As I'm new to Ubuntu/linux, I'd like to ask a few questions which I think you could answer quite easily.

Here goes: Having installed Ubuntu 7.04, I'd like to know what the system NEEDS for an internet connection (apart from modem).

If you could just list the order of priority to get connection.

So, here's what I think is happening. Ubuntu needs a modem (for connection)...and that modem needs a driver. With the info below, WHICH driver do I need? And having got the right driver for my USB adsl modem, how do I install it???? The next stage is (possibly) connection to my broadband - what software does that???

These are all very basic questions, but being a XP user (soon to become Ubuntu/linux) I hope you'll understand and outline the steps very simply.

Thanks in adance for your help.

Newbun