Re: unni, india Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 kernel 2.6.18-4-k7

Unni,

Your modem is supported by the slamr driver, read the file Smartlink.txt for
guidance. You might also be interested in this archive :

http://fkraiem.free.fr/smartlink/ubuntu/slamr-2.6.15-28-386.tar.gz

which contains precompiled drivers for Ubuntu (not for your Debian then,
though I could make some if needed) but also instructions about copiling them
yourself from source, which apply also to Debian. It might need a bit of work
on your part, feel free to hit back if you need precompiled drivers for
Debian and I'll make them when I have the time.

Firas