Re: : SamadAbbasi, IRAN (Islamic Republic OF) Ubuntu 7.04 kernel 2.6.20-15- 386,"Modem: ALi Corporation SmartLink SmartPCI563 56K Modem"

Samad,

Once you've done

	$ sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

If all went well, you have a text file located at /etc/wvdial.conf which
contains all your connection information. You can edit it with

	$ gksudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf

Fill in your username and password, as well as your ISP's phone number. Also
add a line that says :

	Carrier check = no

Then save the file and try to dial out :

	$ sudo wvdial

Hopefully you'll be connected now.

Firas

P.S. to Marv : it is good Linux practice to use gksudo (Gnome) or kdesu (KDE)
instead of sudo to run graphical apps like gedit with root privileges. It
would be nice to make all the scanModem-generated text files say this.

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/graphicalsudo