Re: John Longfoot, AUSTRALIA Ubuntu 7.04 kernel 2.6.20-15-generic

John

You must run wvdial as root, for example :

	$ sudo wvdial

To have slmodemd launched automatically at startup, you have several options.
The easier one is to install the Ubuntu package for it:

	$ sudo apt-get install sl-modem-daemon

which should launch automatically at each startup. Don't forget to edit the
config file at /etc/defaults/sl-modem-daemon.

Firas