Re: Re[2]: Winmodem Help

Peter,

Get the martian code
The modem has a supported Lucent/Agere  Mars or Apollo
DSP (digital
signal
 processing) chipset. Support packages for 2.6.n
kernels are at:

http://phep2.technion.ac.il/linmodems/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/martian/

 See AgereDSP.txt for Details.
  DSP=1

You may read a little bit about martian driver at
http://martian.barrelsoutofbond.org/
and then download the tarball from
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/martian/martian-20061203.tar.bz2
Follow the directions in the README/INSTALL files.
You might need kernel-sources/kernel-headers for your
kernel 2.6.20-16-generic.

Regards,

Antonio

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/welcome.html#scanModem
> Jacques> This answers your questions.
> Jacques> By the way the subdirectory Modem is
> automatically created by scanModem.
>
> Jacques> Jacques
>
> Jacques> Peter Kerekes wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I need some help. I am new to Linux, loaded on an
> older Notebook computer -
> >> used Dos and Windows for many years.
> >>
> >> I installed Ubuntu version. Most of the things
> work fine, I can connect to
> >> the Internet though a Router. But sometimes I am
> away from home and want to
> >> use the Winmodem built into the computer.
> >>
> >> the Winmodem is an Agere LT system (OEM vendor
> INTEL PRO/100+ MiniPCI.
> >>
> >> I downloaded the scanModem.gz file. Installed a
> directory /Modem. Extracted,
> >> but found only one file: scanModem (210.2Kb). I
> use GnomeCommander for
> >> filemanager. If I hit enter A get the "source
> file" (I think) but cannot
> >> run it. If I type the command sudo ./scanModem
> nothing happens.
> >>
> >> Please advise:
> >>
> >> 1./ can I use my winmodem
> >> 2./ how to activate the scanmodem program?
> >> 3./ I suppose to see more than one file after
> extracting the original (according
> >> to your description). I only found one.
> >> 4./ I am not sure how to run the commands, I used
> the command line on
> >> GnomeCommander (similar to WinCommander)
> >>
> >> Thank you for your help
> >>

> --
> Best regards,
>  Peter
>
> The BAT 3.99.8,
> Windows XP, Service Pack 2>  Only plain text email
is forwarded by the

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-seventh/msg00849.html

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-seventh/msg00970.html

http://phep2.technion.ac.il/linmodems/archive-sixth/msg02637.html

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/bigarch/archive-sixth/msg04656.html

> Read Modem/YourSystem.txt concerning other COMM
> channels: eth0
> Which can interfere with Browser naviagation.
>
>  Don't worry about the following, it is for the
> experts
>  should trouble shooting be necessary.

>  Checking for modem support lines:
>  --------------------------------------
>      /device/modem symbolic link:
> slmodemd created symbolic link /dev/ttySL0:
>      Within /etc/udev/ files:
>
>      Within /etc/modprobe.conf files:
> /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base:options snd-atiixp-modem
> index=-2
> /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base:options snd-via82xx-modem
> index=-2
> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-modem:# Uncomment these
> entries in order to blacklist unwanted modem drivers
> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-modem:# blacklist
> snd-atiixp-modem
> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-modem:# blacklist
> snd-via82xx-modem
>      Within any ancient /etc/devfs files:
>
>      Within ancient kernel 2.4.n /etc/module.conf
> files:

=== message truncated ===

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.