RE: Please help me install the modem drivers

--- Adnan Algrigri <adn2an@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there a way for me not to type this line each
> time I want to connect
> "sudo slmodemd -c YOUR_COUNTRY --alsa modem:1"
> Through the terminal, I mean an automatic way like
> in windows just dial up.

There is a way, you have to install the
sl-modem-daemon to autoconfigure at boot.  There are
several ways of doing this,  one way is to
$ sudo apt-get install sl-modem-daemon
another way is to copy the slmodemd files from the
debian directory and modify it and add it to
/etc/rc.d/ or /etc/init.d/ folders and modify
SLMODEMD_COUNTRY=USA to SLMODEMD_COUNTRY=YOUR_COUNTRY
if it is not USA.

I recommend you check this page out better

and for completeness in case the above does not help,
cc this to discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for someone that uses
Ubuntu to help out.

Regards,

Antonio

Hope this helps,

Antonio

> Thanks

snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
> > snd                    54020  13

snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,

snd_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device

=== message truncated ===

____________________________________________________________________________________Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.
http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/