Re: Modem problems

       $ tar zxf SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz
and read instructions therein. But briefly, the modem is setup with command:
       sudo slmodemd -c  BRAZIL --alsa modem:1
reporting dynamic creation of ports:
       /dev/ttySL0 --> /dev/pts/N   , with N some number
Read Smartlink.txt and Modem/YourSystem.txt for follow through guidance.

for       Primary PCI_id  1039:7013
   Subsystem PCI_id  1039:7013
   Softmodem codec or Vendor from diagnostics:
                             from    Archives: SIL21, a Pctel type.

But read the Bootup.txt about potential problems.

MarvS