Re: Tasos,Greece

APL

under your
openSUSE 10.2 (i586) - Kernel Linux version 2.6.18.2-34-default

PCI slot       PCI ID          SubsystemID     Name
----------     ---------       ---------       --------------
00:1b.0        8086:2668       1734:107c       Audio device: Intel Corpora tion

cat /proc/asound/pcm

00-01: ALC880 Analog : ALC880 Analog : capture 2
00-00: ALC880 Analog : ALC880 Analog : playback 1 : capture 2
should contain an added line like:
00-06: Modem something.
Its absence shows that the card is not being properly setup.
I suspect that the issue is that the ALSA code does not yet support
this new ALC880 Analog  card type yet.  We have a few other ALC880
problem cases.

The motorola chip is on the 1734:107c  Subsystem, giving the diagnostic in
/proc/asound/card0/codec#0:

Codec: Generic 1057 ID 3055
Address: 0
Vendor Id: 0x10573055
Subsystem Id: 0x10573055
Revision Id: 0x100700

If there are no other problems, the
# slmodemd -c GREECE --alsa hw:0,6 (I'm guessing the 6)
should activate your modem, after slmodemd have been copied from the
SLMODEMD.gcc4.1  folder to /usr/sbin/slmodemd

While you are working this through, do a clean bootup each time (not
from HIBERATION or SLEEP mode). Before proceeding with tests make sure
there is content in /proc/asound/card0/codec#0

You may just have to wait until there is better ALC880 support
included in the snd-hda-intel driver

MarvS