Re: possible bug in scanModem

Dear Acanonaco,

In view of the very large number of people who had no such problem, even using FC5, and of a test which I just did (with an other Linux distribution), the most likely reason is a failure in downloading and/or installing the file. 1-did you really take it from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il or perhaps from a copy found somewhere else? 2-did you copy it AS IS , BEFORE decompressing it, to your Linux disk space, as the instructions say, rather than downloading for example to Windows, decompressing in Windows, and then copying scanModem, not scanModem.gz, to your Linux disk?

May I just suggest that you eventually reread the instructions, download again, and repeat the run?

Jacques

Instructions: http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/first.html
which links further to http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/#scanModem

acanonaco@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Running scanModem on my laptop (Dell Latitude D620), distribution Fedora Core release 5, kernel 2.6.19-1.2288.2.1.fc5smp, I get the following: