Re: My ModemData.txt

Re:  slmodemd -c URUGUAY --alsa hw:0,6

The slmodemd supported modems are in two categories.
The newer and increasingly prevalant are HDA (High Definition Audio) controller
which can host softmodem subsystems.  These use the command format:
  slmodemd -c URUGUAY --alsa hw:0,N
when N is usually  1 or 6
If there are no System problems
./scanModem
will be able to report whixh N to use.

The older type are the older AC'97 type SoftModem Controller cards.
For all of these but the Conexant chip subtype requiring hsfmodem
software
, the command is like:
 slmodemd -c URUGUAY --alsa  modem:1

To deal with System problems blocking a full scanModem diagnostic
I long ago set a default output:
  slmodemd -c COUNTRY  --alsa  modem:1
because it was usually correct.

But with the increasing prevalance of HDA hosted modems,
I'll have to chamge that default.  In the meantme
MUCH THANKS
for all you who are helping out, and just remember that if it is a HDA
based modem
the needed command syntax is like
  slmodemd -c URUGUAY --alsa hw:0,N

If some coming guidance, I'll illustrate how to recognize this amon
the scanModem outputs.

MarvS