Re: slmodem wont compile on arch 2.6.19.2

On 1/28/07, golfer <golfbuf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bad news here .. the modem freezes the phone line (picking up a phone
reveals no sound at all) after varying periods of time.  When the
modem fails, the message in the kernel.log is:

Jan 27 20:45:03 myhost st7554: fifo underrun!

I have to kill slmodemd and remove the slusb module to free the phone
line.  After restarting, it will work for a while, but eventually
freezes again.

I've tried googling this problem and the only ideas that come up are
that the irq is not functioning properly.  On my laptop, the irq for
this usb is shared with only one other thing .. and that is the
onboard hsf modem, which I do not use.  In fact, I have not installed
any driver for that hsf modem.  So, I don't see why it would be a
conflict.

I also have tried moving the usb modem to the other 3 usb ports and
trying it in all the different combinations with and without the usb
mouse and keyboard.  None of these makes a difference.

So, now I don't think it is related to irq sharing issues.

I also notice that the changelog for the 2.6.19.2 kernel meantions
some bug fixes in the way the kernel handles IRQ's, so maybe those
changes have caused this bug in the slusb module.

Any ideas?

regards,