Re: jfdesign, Indonesia Mandriva 2007.0 kernel 2.6.17-5mdv

Jusuf

With respect to the wvdial problem you will have to check the Mandiva list.

The failure of  he command:
	aplay -l | grep -i modem
to display the modem shows that
an ALSA update is needed to support the  0x11c13055  AgereSystems
modem on the HDA audio card.

Your compiling resources appear complete:
  make utility - /usr/bin/make
  Compiler version 4.1
  kernel_headers base folder /lib/modules/2.6.17-5mdv/build

Make a definition you will need later:
$  HEADERS=/lib/modules/2.6.17-5mdv/build
Check for validity with:
$ ls $HEADERS
should show files like:
arch     include         lib             scripts
block    init            Makefile        security
crypto   ipc             mm              sound
drivers  kabi_whitelist  Module.symvers  symsets-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.tar.gz
fs       kernel          net             usr
This definition does not survive a shutdown and must be redone upon reboot,
when a new driver compiling is necessary.

Then from http://www.alsa-project.org/    download the version 1.0.13 driver
and lib packages.  Make a folder, say alsa/.
$ mkdir alsa
Unpack both packages in the alsa/ folder
$ cd alsa
$ tar jxf PATH_to/alsa*.tar.bz2
will unpack both.  The versions 1.0.13 and later have the recognition
code for the  0x11c13055  chip.

To compile the driver set, move into the driver folder:
$ cd alsa-driver-1.0.13
Look around:
$ ls
$ make clean
Do the configuration with with the following command on ONE LINE:
$ ./configure --with-kernel=$HEADERS   --with-build=$HEADERS
--with-cards=hda-intel
If the configuration is successful, the driver set will be compiled with:
$ make
Do nothing in the alsa-lib-1.0.13/  folder.  But it is used during
the compile.

The new driver set is displayed by:
$ ls modules
and installed by
$ su root
$ make install

THen reboot to have the new drivers used.  Again run
./scanModem

there should an  device specification
   slmodemd -c YOUR_COUNTRY --alsa hw:0,N
when N will be likely 1 or 6
And the modem should be shown by
$  aplay -l

Try the command:
$ su  root
#   slmodemd -c INDONESIA   --alsa hw:0,N

Hopefully its will announce port creation

MarvS