Re: Help me!!! HSFMODEM

Dear NeoRiddle,

1-The scanModem instructions ask that people send ModemData.txt and only that file and in text mode. All the rest is useless FOR US, wasted network bandwidth, wasting our time to handle your archive, and most important your tar.bz2 attachment often causes mail servers to reject your mail (anti virus).

2-This is how to make your modem work.
http://www.linuxant.com/drivers
Use the HSF menu on the left side.
Read "Installation".
As fas as I know, Gentoo is neither Debian nor RPM based, although Gentoo has a procedure to use RPM files, but it gains nothing against using the generic TAR file installation method - the one you should use. Then click on Download, accept the agreement, read from top of new page until you see the line "system from the driver download page". Click on that link, download hsfmodem-7.47.00.07full.tar.gz from the GENERIC PACKAGES area, and apply the installation instructions which you have read before.

Jacques

NeoRiddle wrote:
Hi !!!

I have a laptop Dell XPS M1210, with Gentoo Linux, but I can install my modem, please help me because i don understand the scanmodem tool results.
Here i put an bz2 file with my results, please help me.

Thanks you