Re: Trouble with git reset in my pushtree

Hello,

If you are not on master branch, you can invoke this to get back to master:

$ git checkout master

If you want to get rid of some commits that you have done on top of the master branch, first you have to know what is the status. That's what I get while having 1 commit on top of master:

$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit.
  (use "git push" to publish your local commits)

Then, you can do:

$ git reset --hard HEAD~1

If you have more commits on top of master, use that number instead of 1 in the above command.

After that, this is what I see:

$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

To update to the latest master from git, you can invoke:

$ ./g pull -r

Regards,
Hossein