Re: 答复: Commit 5bf587 breaks build on Debian 12

On 2024-07-07 02:45, Etna - wrote:
I have not tried building without the --enable-gtk4 option, but I can confirm building the latest master works with --enable-gtk4 if the commit is reverted.

If this commit is not reverted, the ./autogen.sh process fails with an error about GTK4.8 being too old when --enable-gtk4 is present .

Given that the gtk4 VCL plugin is still experimental (as Ilmari and the commit message explain), I think focusing the limited resources that currently go into it on improving it with GTK versions >= 4.10 (which will be almost 2 years old by the time that LO 25.2 is released) is valid, unless there's any compelling reason that older versions still need to be supported.

If you're on Debian stable and still want to build with `--enable-gtk4`, this is still possible by building a newer GTK 4 first and then setting `PKG_CONFIG_PATH` in LO's autogen.input to the "pkgconfig" subdir of your local GTK 4 installation.