Re: GSoC: Libreoffice Theme (application crashes when I modify ColorConfig on startup)

On 2024-06-28 19:37, Sahil Gautam wrote:
I spent quite some time with QStyle trying to get it to paint the UI elements, which complicated stuff, and took a lot of time, where it was just palette manipulation (mostly). Also I found that we handle the menubar separately, and it's not drawn via drawNativeControl(...). What is left for QT: - color customization for menus (menubar/window/button/etc done) - adding a listener for instant redraw

The menubar (and most context menus, and those message dialogs that have been welded, see tdf#130857) are native Qt menus, while QtGraphics_Controls::drawNativeControl is custom drawing of controls to make them look like native Qt ones.

As an idea: I'd expect that setting a corresponding application style should make the menu use the custom colors as well.

Using e.g. `QApplication::setStyle(QStyleFactory::create("Adwaita"));` causes the application (including the menu bar) to use that style, and it could potentially also make additional changes in QtGraphics_Controls::drawNativeControl unnecessary. (Maybe QApplication::setStyleSheet could also work instead if using a style sheet instead of a custom style.)