line break attribute 'clear' in other writing modes than LTR

Hi all,

the ODF TC is working on issue OFFICE-4124 'clear' attribute for line breaks [1]. This attribute has been introduced by Miklos for LibreOffice 7.6.

The question arises in the TC, how this attribute is supposed to work in other writing modes than LTR.

The corresponding attribute in CSS seems to work so, that clear:left uses the physical meaning of 'left' and not the meaning of 'start'. But without knowledge of an RTL language nor a CJK language, I cannot really test it.

So perhaps someone with knowledge in such languages can examine how LibreOffice interprets clear:left and clear:right. (Hossein? Jonathan?)
And Miklos can tell how it is intended to work?

The command is located in the UI in menu Insert > More breaks > Manual Break. That opens the 'Insert Break' dialog. Chose the option 'Line break' there and then one of the items in drop-down list 'Restart Location'.

It would be helpful, if you not only test it, but when you could provide suitable test documents too; and in case LibreOffice has a proper export of this attribute to docx (I don't know), then test documents in docx format too.

[1] https://issues.oasis-open.org/projects/OFFICE/issues/OFFICE-4124

Kind regards,
Regina

[1] https://issues.oasis-open.org/projects/OFFICE/issues/OFFICE-4124