Re: Isolating qa data?

* Miklos Vajna (vmiklos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On Wed, Apr 03, 2024 at 03:26:42PM +0000, "Dr. David Alan Gilbert" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >   What I'm thinking is that a cautious packager could set it up so
> > that during the build qa/data wasn't readable, then having built and
> > copied their installation out, then they could perform a make check
> > having reenabled access to qa/data/
>
> I wonder if this would be doable also at the current setup. Something
> like search for all "data" directories under */qa/, delete them, do the
> build, 'git checkout -f' to do undo the delete and then 'make check'?

Yeh, I guess possible; I'm not sure what's easiest for packagers.
(I was thinking along the lines of a permissions or blank directory mounted
over it).

Actually, a quick hunt for where we have docs shows they're a bit more
spread around; e.g.
  ./sw/qa/core/exportdata/rtf/pass
  ./sc/qa/extras/testdocuments
  ./odk/examples/basic/sheet
  ./pyuno/qa/pytests/testdocuments

so a simple    find . -path .*qa/*/data
isn't sufficient.

Dave

> Regards,
>
> Miklos
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    |       Running GNU/Linux       | Happy  \
\        dave @ treblig.org |                               | In Hex /