Handling text in Excel SORT/SORTBY functions recently merged

hi...

I'm testing Calc's SORT function recently merged.

MS does not specify the behavior when data to sort is a mix of numbers and text in their user support pages.

When text is present in the array to sort, text appears to be higher than the highest numerical value (sort descending) or lower than the lowest numerical value (sort ascending)

In either case, text is not treated as zero or blank as many other Calc functions. To me this is a point of attention (documentation-wise).

Anybody can point me where to confirm the way Excel treat text for SORT (and SORTBY) functions?.

Thank you
--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator