Import of lighting from MS Office for extruded shapes

Hi all,

I have started work on import of lighting. But there are several problems which make it impossible to get a 1:1 match to our capabilities.

Some of these problems are:

(1)
A lightRig in MS Office uses up to 4 lights. But ODF and our API have only two lights.

(2)
The MS Office lightRigs 'chilly', 'flat', 'freezing', 'morning', 'sunrise' and 'sunset' use colored light. ODF and our API have no color for a light but only an intensity (='level'), which means our lights are Gray.

(3)
There are lightRigs in MS Office with more than one specular light. Our 3D rendering engine has maximal one specular light. A 'specular' light makes a bright spot on the shape in case the shape material is 'shiny'.

(4)
Our dialog '3D-settings' fits to shape extrusion of binary MS Office and the 'legacy*' lightRigs. But these 'legacy*' lightRigs are not available in the UI of modern MS Office. So we import lightRigs for which the user has no UI.

Any ideas/wishes for a reasonably usable import?

Kind regards,
Regina