Re: Attention Windows developers: do not upgrade Cygwin to version 3.5.0

Hi Andras, *,

On Tue, Feb 6, 2024 at 4:08 PM Andras Timar <timar74@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ilmari,
>
> Thanks for the info. Although I have Cygwin 3.4.10, I still have a problem with building help.
> assertion "bc_ctl.arg_max >= LINE_MAX" failed: file "/mnt/c/Users/bwi/src/cygwin/findutils/findutils-4.9.0-1.x86_64/src/findutils-4.9.0/xargs/xargs.c", line 511, function: main
> Has anyone seen this?

Not after cleaning up exports from download.lst and config_host.mk (
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/144217 and
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/144343 and related ones).
Or in other words: lots of environment variables can cause trouble
with command-length limits and xargs specifically.

While that wasn't a problem for normal builds, CI also sets tons of
additional variables from the gerrit trigger, so the daily build jobs
that create full installsets for all langs/that also build help just
unset a bunch:
unset BUILD_CAUSE BUILD_CAUSE_MANUALTRIGGER BUILD_DISPLAY_NAME
BUILD_ID BUILD_NUMBER BUILD_TAG BUILD_URL
unset EXECUTOR_NUMBER HUDSON_HOME HUDSON_SERVER_COOKIE HUDSON_URL
unset JENKINS_HOME JENKINS_SERVER_COOKIE JENKINS_URL JOB_BASE_NAME
JOB_NAME JOB_URL LODE_NATIVE_HOME NODE_LABELS NODE_NAME
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS
unset ORIGINAL_PATH ROOT_BUILD_CAUSE ROOT_BUILD_CAUSE_MANUALTRIGGER
RUN_ARTIFACTS_DISPLAY_URL RUN_CHANGES_DISPLAY_URL RUN_DISPLAY_URL
RUN_TESTS_DISPLAY_URL
unset VS110COMNTOOLS VS120COMNTOOLS

ciao
Christian