Re: Attention Windows developers: do not upgrade Cygwin to version 3.5.0

On Tue, Feb 6, 2024 at 1:03 PM Andras Timar <timar74@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ilmari,

Thanks for the info. Although I have Cygwin 3.4.10, I still have a problem with building help.
assertion "bc_ctl.arg_max >= LINE_MAX" failed: file "/mnt/c/Users/bwi/src/cygwin/findutils/findutils-4.9.0-1.x86_64/src/findutils-4.9.0/xargs/xargs.c", line 511, function: main
Has anyone seen this?

Thanks,
Andras

Let me reply to myself, maybe it will be useful for someone. I use Windows Server 2022. I tried all variations of Cygwin and findutil versions. I even moved xargs.exe from a known working setup. The error was always the same as above. Finally I built xargs from source and added debug fprintf. When xargs was invoked from the command line, bc_ctl.arg_max was  24025, when it was invoked from the build it was 1428 and assertion failed. I did not find a reason for this behaviour. I removed the assert from the code, and the build of LibreOffice help succeeded with this modified xargs.exe.

Regards,
Andras