Language Linking CLI

Hi,

Language Linking to CLI is only available for the windows platform, not for linux.

I assume technical reasons. What are these reasons? Are these because of technical limitations/restrictions or due to lack of staff capacity or not existing (low number) requests by the community/external developers?

Just want to know, since I am interested in such a feature and if there is no chance to get I would drop my idea of a project.

Joachim