Request for testing: trackpad changes in Calc

Hi everyone,

For a few years now, a recurring complaint for macOS users has been swiping vertically on the trackpad on a macOS laptop is overly sensitive in Calc. Unless you are really careful to swipe precisely vertical, the slight horizontal movements in the macOS swipe events would cause Calc to veer left or right by many columns with a big swipe.

So, I have made some changes to Calc to make horizontal swipes less sensitive to horizontal swipe and mouse wheel movements. With the following change, a native swipe events move roughly the same amount of "visual distance":

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/161278

What worries me is if this change will negatively affect swiping in Calc on Windows and Linux.

My fix will be in tomorrow's (27 December 2023) nightly master build at the following webpage:

https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/current.html

Can anyone using Windows and/or Linux with trackpad test this fix out? If it causes any unexpected behavior on those platforms, please let me know and I can restrict my fix to only macOS.

Regards,

Patrick