Week 3 updates [Outreachy]

I will be updating my last week's progress with you to keep you updated. I got very much familiar with glade in the past week. I extended my work about the UI for the sidebar panel which took me 3 days of constant effort but it was fun meddling around the treeview components of the glade. I took references from sc/uiconfig/scalc/ui/functionpanel.ui being a similar one to what I was working on helped me a lot in understanding the tools deeply.

Additionally, I tried connecting the entry control to the source and to add an activate handler for it. DECL_LINK, LINK, and IMPL_LINK_NOARG macros are used with weld::Entry::connect_activate to handle the activate signal that is generated by the ui framework when the entry control has keyboard focus and the enter key is pressed.

For DECL_LINK(ActivateHdl, weld::Entry&, bool);
Member = ActivateHdl
ArgType = weld::Entry&
RetType = bool

Alternative to these macros, I added the corresponding functions i.e. LinkStubSearchFindEntryActivateHandler(void* instance, weld::Entry& data),SearchFindEntryActivateHandler(SAL_UNUSED_PARAMETER weld::Entry&),FillSearchFindsList(). It took me a while to understand how all these are connected with the help of macros as well as without macros.

Looking forward to connecting the ui handlers with treeview as well.

I will keep you updated about my outreachy journey.

Thank You