Re: Outreachy Dec 2023 - Implement Qt/KDE Frameworks theming using native Qt widgets

Hi Omkar, all,

On 2023-12-06 18:47, Omkar Acharekar wrote:
       My Name is Omkar Acharekar. I am excited to share with you that I will be working this next months on "Implement Qt/KDE Frameworks theming using native Qt widgets (Weld interface)" project as part of the Outreachy internship, under mentorship of Michael Weghorn and Heiko Tietze.

welcome again, it's great to have you! :-)

     The project aim is to refine the UI of Qt/KDE Frameworks by making use of native Qt widgets through the Weld interface. (...)

For reference, these are the Outreachy pages of accepted interns and Omkar's project:

https://www.outreachy.org/alums/2023-12/
https://www.outreachy.org/outreachy-december-2023-internship-round/communities/libreoffice/#implement-qtkde-framework-theming-using-native-qt-

The project is based on an earlier idea from Jan-Marek for a GSoC project:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas_without_a_mentor#Implement_qt5_/_kf5_theming_using_native_Qt_widgets_(Weld_interface)

For anyone interested, I'm copying parts of 2 emails I sent to Omkar earlier with some more thoughts on the project. If anyone has any further thoughts, please don't hesitate to add them.

Michael