Preferred approach to backporting a group of patches in Gerrit

So I have committed two patches in master that, together, fix one bug and I would like to backport these two commits to libreoffice-7-6.

My question is which of the following is the preferred approach:

1. Cherry-pick both patches separately marshalling each separately through the review process 2. Manually create a new combined patch with a commit message referring to the two original commits

My assumption is that the second approach is preferred and easier to review. But I'm no Gerrit expert so maybe the first approach (or some other approach is preferred?

Regards,

Patrick