Can libreoffice be used as an application platform like Eclipse RCP?

Cross-posting from SO:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/77541132

Given enough time, everything is possible.

But is it viable to build a new product (e.g. a CAD application) on top of libreoffice code and get functionality for free like with Eclipse RCP, e.g.:

- plugin / addon management
- preferences system
- cross-platform compatibility (Win, Linux, MacOS)
- Undo/Redo
- Help System
- rich Widgets (e.g. object properties)
- ...?

If it is possible, is there documentation on how to get started?

Related question: Are there other RCPs besides Eclipse RCP that are worth evaluating?

Thank you! Thomas

P.s. Meanwhile I got the impression, that it is not viable as the LO code is seriously underdocumented and crufted (correct me!). However it would probably serve as a good goal for LO code organisation to imagine LO as a platform?