Re: Testing CJK glyphs

On Thu, 2023-11-09 at 16:23 +1100, Chris Sherlock wrote:
> Just a quick question - I want to write a unit test that checks the
> glyph advancements for CJK glyphs.
>
> Specifically, I want to test the advancements of the following text:
>
> 根据10.1(37BA) Eng
>
> What font comes bundled with LibreOffice that I can use?

My understanding is that we don't bundle a CJK font. I think the best
option is to follow the pattern of:
https://git.libreoffice.org/core/commit/6b178c6e88ec5a765ad2b3ccd98182286222f550
where you can see from the little font.readme how to make a small
testing font with just the subset of glyphs you need from (an
appropriately licensed) CJK font for the purposes of such a test.

There is also the existence of vcl/qa/cppunit/cjktext.cxx which is
basically an optional test if run on a config which happens to have one
of a set of known CJK fonts installed, that's not a great option. Maybe
the 2nd one should be replaced by some variant of the first one.