Re: Inquiry Regarding LibreOffice

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 10:37 AM 増野智仁 <t.mashino@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [export Excel to pdf from commandline]
> In this context, I have a question: If we install the font specified by the Excel file as the system font on the server, is it possible to create the converted PDF with the same font as specified in the Excel file? Additionally, what happens if different fonts are specified for individual cells in the Excel document?

LibreOffice dropped support for Type 1/Postscript fonts (see
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.3#General ), so the
answer is a "it depends". If the fonts are truetype or CFF/Type2 or
opentype they should work.

But of course there can always be font-specific bugs or weird custom
encodings that might break stuff/result in different output compared
to Excel, but that would need to be looked into on a case by case
basis.

HTH (hope that helps),
ciao
Christian