Re: Getting started

I’m supporting an organisation that is using LO to create pdfs that are used as inputs to a print-on-demand service, and we have identified a couple of issues that I would like to have a go at resolving:

1) The handling of font names differs between the Windows and MacOS builds, resulting in the rendering differing between the platforms;

2) The page size reported in exported pdfs (e.g. 21.01 × 29.71 cm) is not the same as the page size within the document (e.g. 21.00 × 29.70 cm), resulting in the pdf being rejected by the POD service (which expects  21.00 × 29.70 cm).

Is there an “easy” way to navigate the code and/or can anyone point me to where the functionality I need to look at is located?

Hello!

To navigate the code, you can use:  https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/

A good start point to code contribute in LO is : https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GetInvolved

(you'll begin with how to build LO)